The MeteoPV is a purpose-built photovoltaic (PV) resource data platform, ideal for distributed PV monitoring and functioning as a plane-of-array (POA), albedo, and soiling secondary weather station. As an easy-to-use sunstation solution, the MeteoPV has the flexibility to communicate with smart pyranometers, reference cells, back-of-module temperature sensors, and compact weather sensors.
With its small footprint and DIN-rail mounting, the MeteoPV can be easily integrated with existing combiner boxes or other control panels. The MeteoPV also obtains Power-over-Ethernet compatibility, a convenient method for supplying power, eliminating the need for additional power supplies.
The MeteoPV also hosts an intuitive onboard user interface accessed by a web browser. This interface simplifies the initial communication configuration and long-term sensor management.
With the MeteoPV you can expect simple and easy configuration, easy-to-create field commissioning reports, sensor metadata and management, and a communications troubleshooter. The MeteoPV is expertly designed and purposefully built, guaranteeing a simplified data-collection experience.
Benefits and Features
- Set up easily with PC software and USB connectivity
- Measure with confidence analog and digital sensors
- Internet ready–email, FTP, HTTP/web, TCP–with required add-ons
- Trust in the Campbell Scientific quality, including integral surge and ESD protection
- Save money and space using the integrated Ethernet port
- Network wirelessly to another node or Internet gateway with integrated radio option
- CR310-WIFI ideal for short-range, wireless IP communication
- Wiring made easy through removable terminal block
- Communicate from anywhere when using cellular or satellite peripheral
- Charge batteries using the integrated 12 V battery solar charge regulator
- Measure smart sensors using RS-232 or SDI-12
- Connect with PakBus, Modbus, DNP3, GOES, and other standard communication protocols
- Analyze and control with programmability and multiple general purpose I/O
- Notify with event-driven communications and physical outputs
The MeteoPV communicates with smart pyranometers, reference cells, back-of-module temperature sensors, and compact weather sensors, making it a flexible and easy-to-use POA sunstation solution. The Modbus RTU protocol over RS-485 is used to interface with the sensors, while Modbus TCP/IP protocol is used to communicate with the local SCADA system or other data collection platform. A Modbus map is built into the MeteoPV, providing aggregation of sensor readings and valuable metadata from one source.
With its small footprint and DIN-rail mounting, the MeteoPV is ready for integration with existing combiner boxes or other control panels. Power-over-Ethernet compatibility is a convenient method for supplying power without needing additional power supplies.
Installation and commissioning are straightforward without the headache of navigating, configuring, and addressing multiple sensor interfaces or generic gateway devices.
The MeteoPV hosts an intuitive onboard user interface accessed by a web browser. The browser-based interface simplifies the initial communication configuration and long-term sensor management. Simply connect, select your sensors, and start measuring.
|CPU||ARM Cortex M4 (running at 144 MHz)|
|Operating Voltage||9 to 30 Vdc|
|Operating Temperature Range||-40° to +70°C|
|Power Consumption @ 12 Vdc||~30 mA (not including sensors)|
|Isolated Sensor Power||12 Vdc, 800 mA|
|Isolated POE||802.3af compliant|
|EMC Immunity||IEC 61000-4-2 Class 4|
|USB Micro B||2.0 full-speed 12 Mbps (for computer connection)|
|SCADA Interface Port||RJ45 jack 10/100Base-TX, full and half duplex Auto-MDIX, magnetic isolation, and TVS surge protection|
|SCADA Interface Protocol||Modbus TCP/IP|
|Sensor Interface Port||Half-duplex RS-485|
|Sensor Interface Protocol||Modbus RTU over RS-485|
|Internal Memory||3 months’ storage of 1- and 10-minute average, maximum, minimum, and standard deviation data (worst case scenario with 9 sensors connected)|
|Dimensions||11.76 x 11.56 x 4.14 cm (4.63 x 4.55 x 1.63 in.)|
|Weight||272.16 g (0.6 lb)|
The MeteoPV is compatible with the following sensors:
- Campbell Scientific CS325DM Reference Cell, CS240DM Back-of-Module Temperature Sensor, CS250DM Air Temperature Sensor, MetSENS series
- Hukseflux SR30, SR20-D2, SR05
- Kipp & Zonen SMP series, DustIQ, SHP1, RT1
- EKO MS-80M, MS-60M, MS-40M
- IMT Solar Si-RS485TC
- Atonometrics RC18, MARS
- User-defined sensors and user-defined measurements